Who must register for sex, arson and drug offenses in Redondo Beach?
- California law requires persons convicted of specified misdemeanor and felony sex, arson and drug offenses to register with their local law enforcement agency.
- Sex registrants living in Redondo Beach must register annually within five days of their birthday and within ten days of arriving in Redondo Beach.
- Some sex registrants must update their registration more often:
- Transient offenders must update their information every thirty days
- Sexually violent predators must update their information every ninety days
- Arson registrants living in Redondo Beach must register annually within five days of their birthday and within thirty days of arriving in Redondo Beach or changing their address.
- Registrants must provide their new address to the law enforcement agency where they were previously registered.
Where, how and when may I register if I live in Redondo Beach?
- You may register at the Redondo Beach Police Station, 401 Diamond Street, Redondo Beach, CA 90277.
- Go to the Records Unit lobby
- Request to speak with a member of the Jail Unit staff.
- The hours for offender registration are Monday through Friday, 07:30 am to 09:00 pm.
- The Redondo Beach Jail Unit registers persons for:
- Arson crimes pursuant to Penal Code 457.1
- Sex crimes pursuant to Penal Code 290
- Drug crimes pursuant to Health and Safety Code 11590
- Contact Redondo Beach Jail personnel at (310) 318-0616 with any questions or to confirm availability of the staff to register you.
- Register in person
- Bring government photo identification (driver license, identification card, passport)
- Your government photo identification must have your current Redondo Beach address, or
- You must have a utility bill with your name and current Redondo Beach address
- Bring registration information for any vehicles that you own or commonly use as your primary transportation.
- Provide your parole or probation officer's name and address, if required.
How much does it cost, if I am required to register due to a conviction for a sex, arson or drug offense?
There is no cost to register.
How do I determine where sex registrants are living in Redondo Beach?
Visit the Megan's law website at http://www.meganslaw.ca.gov/
How do I determine where sex registrants are living in other states?
Visit the National Sex Offender Public Website at http://www.nsopw.gov