Parks & Recreation

Does Redondo Beach have a dog park?

The City of Redondo Beach has a dog park located at Dominguez Park, 200 Flagler Ln.  Dog Park

Are moon bounces allowed at Redondo Beach parks?

Yes at three of our parks (Anderson, Franklin and Alta Vista).  For Anderson Park and Franklin Park,  a moon bounce permit can be obtained at the Recreation office, 1922 Artesia Blvd. You may call 310 318-0610 x3460 for more information.  A permit for Alta Vista may be obtained at the reservation desk at Alta Vista (715 Julia St.).  For more information call the Alta Vista staff at 310-318-0670.

Are we able to reserve a spot at a park for a party or picnic?

No.  We do not reserve spots at parks.

Can I get a schedule of your events at the Performing Arts Center?

Events at the Performing Arts Center are handled by the respective presenters (for example, 3-D Theatricals, or Swan Productions).  Please contact those specific companies for additional information or view our Calendar. Calendar

Can I have a wedding on the beach?

You can contact the Department of Beaches and Harbors at (310) 305-9565 for questions about coordinating events on the sand.

Can I rent the gym at Aviation?

Please call (310) 318-0610 ext. 4562 for gym rental inquiries.

Can I take my dog into the park (on or off leash)

Dogs are permitted only at the Redondo Beach Dog Park located at Flagler and 190th Street.  This is an off-leash dog park, for more information visit their website at

Dogs are not permitted in any other City park (on or off a leash).  This law also applies to the green belt right-of-way under the SCE power lines.

Do you have a phone number for Redondo Beach Pop Warner Youth Football & Cheer?

Please call President Conrad Rubio at: 310-901-4343 or send correspondence to:
P.O. Box 1006
Redondo Beach, CA 90278

Do you have any facilities available for rent?

For information about renting one of our facilities please call  (310) 318-0610 or go to our Facilities website:  City Facility information

Do you have dog training classes?

The schedule of classes is available on-line at the Recreation website.

How can I get tickets for the Distinguished Speakers Series at RBPAC?

Tickets are available through Swan Productions at (310) 546-6222.

How can I reserve the Luau Shelter area for a Large party at the Seaside Lagoon?

Reservations are made up to one year in advance for large parties on a first come, first serve basis. For available dates, rates and reservation information please visit us Seaside Lagoon.

How do I register for a Recreation class?

We accept registrations for recreation classes by phone, walk in, mail in or fax or online at Checks or credit cards are accepted, no cash please.

How do I reserve the old Library building at Veterans Park?

Spectrum Catering is responsible for booking events at the Veterans Park Community Center building.  Their number is (310) 937-6844 and their website is -

How do I know if I'm in the class I signed up for?

If you registered via mail, fax, phone, or walk in you will get a confirmation receipt for everything you signed up for. If you registered via on-line you will not receive a confirmation receipt you will have to print one out for your information.

How do I make reservations to camp at Wilderness Park?

Please call the recorded information line at (310) 318-0668. Reservations are made in person at the Alta Vista Community Center Office at 715 Julia Street during regular business hours.

How do I reserve a barbeque area at the Seaside Lagoon?

Reservations for barbeque areas are made in person when the Lagoon is open to the general public Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend,  10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.  For recorded information please call (310) 318-0681.

I would like more information about Seaside Lagoon?

Seaside Lagoon is located at 200 Portofino Way in Redondo Beach.  For general information please call (310) 318-0681. Seaside Lagoon Home Page

Tell me about after school programs?

Does your child need somewhere to go after school? Are you looking for ways to keep him/her entertained? The Afterschool Playground Program held at Redondo Beach elementary schools may be the answer.

What is the refund policy for Recreation classes?

Refunds must be requested in writing by the second class meeting.  There is a $15.00 fee for each class refunded.  Please allow 4-6 weeks for processing of refunds.  Full refunds are issued for cancelled classes.

When do Recreation classes begin?

Recreation classes are taught during the Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer seasons.  View Information

Where can I get tickets for plays at RBPAC?

Tickets for certain events are available through 3-D Theatricals.  You may contact them directly at (714) 589-2770.

Where can I get a City Newsletter / Recreation and Community Services brochure?

They are available on-line at Recreation Brochure