How can I get information about Medicare?

Call the Social Security Administration Office at 1-800-772-1213.  The local SSA Office is located at 22500 Crenshaw Boulevard, Torrance, CA  90509.

How do I  report elder abuse ?

Adult Protective Services (APS)
888-202-4CIU Business Hours, recommended

877-4-R-SENIORS After hours and during holidays 
TDD 800-660-4026

Tell me about supports for senior housing

3175 W. Sixth St.
Los Angeles 90020
Phone (213)738-2600

Internet home page:
Provides comprehensive human services partnership with community leaders, business and private agencies. Assists residents to self sufficiency, strengthens and promotes the independence of older persons, provides employment and training, protects adult victims of abuse, assists refugees, aids domestic violence victims, and plans and develops services with local communities. Key contact telephone numbers are:

Senior Citizens Information and Assistance (800)510-2020

What recreation programs are available for Seniors?

The City sponsors various programs for seniors.  Please click on the Senior and Family Services website at or call our administrative office at 310-318-0650.

What special programs exist for Seniors ?

Senior Citizens Information and Assistance (800)510-2020
Employment and Training (213)738-2598
General Information (213)738-2600
Adult Protective Services (213)351-5401
After - Hour Elder Abuse Hotline (877)4-R-SENIORS
Senior Employment Services (213)738-2631
Domestic Violence Hotline (800)978-3600

Where can I find transportation assistance if I am unable to get around and need a ride?

Transportation information is available on the Senior and Family Services website. Please click on or call 310-318-0650.

Who do I talk to about Social Security?

Contact the Social Security Office:
22600 Crenshaw Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90509