Human Resources

How do I get to Human Resources?

Human Resources is located at City Hall, Door "3", 415 Diamond Street, Redondo Beach, CA 90277. Door H is located on the North side of City Hall on Carnelian Street. For questions, please call 310-318-0659.

How do I find out what jobs are open with the City of Redondo Beach?

For information on current job openings with the City of Redondo Beach, please visit our website at and click on Job Openings. You may also visit the City of Redondo Beach Human Resources Department, located at Door "H", 415 Diamond Street, Redondo Beach, CA 90277. Applications are accepted online only; no paper applications will be accepted.

What are your days and hours of operation?

We are open Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. City Hall is closed every other Friday.

What is the telephone number of Human Resources Hotline?

The Redondo Beach City's  Job Hot Line  phone number is: job hotline: (310) 318-0660

What is the telephone number of the nearest California Employment Development Department ?

The phone number is 310-782-2100.

How do I apply for a job with the City of Redondo Beach?

In order to view and apply to current Job Openings for the City of Redondo Beach, please visit the city's website at Once there, please click on Job Openings to view the current postings.

You may apply to any of our open postings online by clicking the Apply link at the top right corner of the individual posting for which you are interested. This will take you to the website. If you’ve applied to any positions through the Government Jobs website previously, please utilize your account log-in and password to log in and apply for the position. If not, you will need to create an account and sign in to complete your application. You may utilize this website to view the status of your application as well.

Will I be notified whether my application is accepted?

Yes, you will receive notification via email.

Is there anything else I need to submit besides the City of Redondo Beach job application?

It depends on the position. Please read the job announcement carefully, as it will detail the application requirements. Depending on the position, supplemental application materials such as cover letters, certificates or licenses may be required and will need to be attached to your online application.

What does it mean when my name is placed on a Civil Service eligibility list?

After successfully passing all portions of the testing and selection process, your name will be placed on the eligibility list according to your total score. Eligibility lists may be valid for up to one (1) year, depending on the position. Eligibility lists are sorted into three (3) bands according to total score: Best Qualified (90-100%), Well Qualified (80-89%), and Qualified (70-79%). Applicants with a final score of 90-100% will be considered first for employment.

Will my employment application be kept on file?

We accept employment applications for open jobs only. You must submit a new application for each job you apply for.

What does "Lateral" position mean?

Lateral positions are available to those currently employed in a similar capacity at another public agency.

For the Police Officer Lateral position, applicants must either currently be employed with a law enforcement agency of the United States or have separated in good standing from a law enforcement agency within the last 18 months.

For the Emergency Services Dispatcher Lateral position, applicants must be currently employed at or separated within the last year from a police/fire or emergency communications center.

Where do I get a Typing Certificate?

You can contact a local temporary agency or adult school. They will give you a typing test and issue a certificate with the words per minute you typed and the errors. We recommend you keep the original Typing Certificate and submit a copy with your application.

I am an employer looking for job service information to assist me in finding qualified employees?

Assistance for employers looking for qualified employees may be found by phoning 323 290-5280 (California Employment Development Dept.) Torrance office.